Hair loss is one of the most distressing and horrifying physical condition. It not only affects the identity of the natural possession but also the personality of a person as hair are essential part of one’s personality.
To overcome this physical condition and for hair restoration a new technique is introduced known as Hair transplant surgery. It imparts severe transformation solutions and thus yields better results over the years. Earlier, hair transplant resulted in scarring, and somewhat inconsistent results but now the techniques have changed which gives accurate results.
Hair implant surgery has become the latest craze not only for those who have lost their mane but even for those who want to change their hairlines or acquire an attractive style. But the big question is whether the surgery is really safe and successful? Is it a lasting process or results in undesirable tissue change in body? Well, the transplantation process is completely safe with minimal or no side effects.
What is a Hair Transplant?
Hair restoration is a surgical process that involves removal of hair follicles from any site in the body like face or legs and planting it to the area of hair loss. It is also used for implanting hair in lashes and brows. The techniques are permanent and involve the picking of follicular clusters of hair. This process is called Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and can be done in two ways, strip harvesting and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE).
The former technique involves the implantation of skin strips with good hair growth on bald areas and in latter technique hair clusters with their roots are manually removed and planted at the affected site. However, the preferred choice of surgeons is Strip harvesting method. It leaves a slim scar at the donor site and promises recovery within two weeks.
Follicular unit extraction (FUE) can be done in a single or multiple settings. Though, it is a manual process but gives very natural results leaving no marks behind. It is a costly process and time consuming as well both for the doctor and the patient. Thus, the use of robotics has reduced the time of the process and simplified it significantly.
- Hair transplant Preparation: The initial step of surgery involves the removal of hair follicles from the back of the head and transplanted to the bald area.
- Trimming of Donor area: Before the surgery is started, the donor area hairs are trimmed.
- Removal of tissue in the donor area: Post trimming, local anesthesia is given and the tissue is removed surgically as it contains the bald resistant hair follicles.
- Combed hair over surgical stitched donor area: The surgical stitches in the donor area are hidden from the patient’s hair. These stitches are removed after ten days post hair transplant surgery.
- Donor Tissue trimmed into follicular grafts: Using microscope, the surgical technicians view the donor tissue for dissecting and preparing follicular hair grafts.
- Preparation of bald recipient area: After giving local anesthesia to the patient, the balding recipient area is prepared for the surgical process.
- Incisions made in the bald area: The follicular unit grafts are placed in the tiny incisions that made an irregular pattern in the recipient area.
- Placing of Grafts: The small grafts are placed in front of the hairline and denser grafts are placed behind.
- Post Hair Transplant Surgery: The tiny incisions with short hair would be visible on the affected area after the surgery.
Since, the surgery is a non invasive procedure and is done on an outpatient basis. The patients are allowed to shampoo after two three days. Make sure that the scalp is protected from sun and infections. However, the patients are generally put on antibiotics for few days.
Suitable Candidates for Hair Transplant Surgery: The individuals suffering from hair loss problems and have sufficient donor hair from the back and sides of the scalp to implant to the affected bald area are suitable candidates for hair restoration. Earlier, many bald patients were not eminent candidates for hair transplant surgery but modern techniques have advanced and thus now many more can go for the transplantation surgery.
Side Effects of Hair Transplantation:
No worries for the side effects as there are relatively minor consisting of mild pain and discomfort post surgery, swelling or the formation of rough protective crust over the grafts which get resolved during one week. The serious problems including bleeding, scarring and infection are rare. Moreover, the modern hair transplantation surgery is comfortable and the results are appealing to most patients.
You can talk with your doctor about the risks and benefits of the surgery. Accordingly, you can decide whether if it’s a good option for you.
If you are looking for hair transplant clinic in mentioned below locations, click city wise: You will get top hair transplant clinics details available in particular city: